Our Senior Director of Data Solutions and Service, Pengtao Xie, has been selected as a winner of the Pittsburgh Business Times’ Innovator Awards 2018! We are proud to share the news and celebrate Pengtao’s well-deserved recognition.
At Petuum, Pengtao currently leads the development of PetuumMed, our AI medical assistant that enables physicians and other healthcare practitioners to spend their time more efficiently, focusing on quality patient care rather than data entry, report generation, billing, and other administrative tasks.
PetuumMed’s purpose is to assist and augment the work of skilled medical professions, so Pengtao and his team engage closely with domain experts ike physicians and hospitals to understand their workflow and requirements in order to implement cutting-edge, medically specific algorithms. To learn more about the work Pengtao and his team are doing with PetuumMed, here are some recommended reads:
- PetuumMed: Physician Assistant
- Predicting Discharge Medications at Admission Time Based on Deep Learning
- Automated ICD Coding Using Deep Learning
- On the Automatic Generation of Medical Imaging Reports
- Combining Generative and Discriminative Machine Learning to Combat Medical Misdiagnosis
- Applying Neural Networks to Biomedical Text Mining
- Deep Learning for Breast Cancer Identification from Histopathological Images
We couldn’t be happier to congratulate Pengtao on receiving the Pittsburgh Innovators Award. But this isn’t the first time Pengtao’s exceptional work has been recognized: he regularly serves as a program committee member and reviewer for over 10 renowned machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, and data mining conferences and journals. He has also been named a Siebel Scholar and received the Goldman Sachs Global Leader Scholarship and the National Scholarship of China.
To learn more about Pengtao’s passions and experiences, check out our “Getting to know Pengtao Xie” blog post. And, if you’re interested in working with technology leaders like Pengtao to industrialize AI, check out our careers page!